Pictures

/ Monday, February 6, 2012 /
The other day I was in my basement looking for something when I came across this old photo of my mom and dad. It was taken in 1989 for their engagement article in the newspaper. (This actual photo itself is a blooper picture, because my mom is laughing and looking away from the camera.) I have the original set of these photos where they are looking and smiling but this one is my favorite. Mildly because it's natural, it was that moment in between snaps. It reminds me of myself, who also can never keep a straight face at a camera for long. My mom and dad divorced when I was three so there aren't many memories of the two of them together. Not that that's a good thing, or a bad thing. It just is. So it's nice to come across things like this. Pictures really are worth a thousand words. Not any amount of story telling could be the same as looking at this picture yourself. Pictures can take you back to a time you ache to go again. I like to think of that when I have my own picture taken now. No matter what happens in the future, everything is captured exactly how it was at that exact moment.

Just a few random thoughts.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 tidbits, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger